An annual summit in Washington,D.C. provides professional development and networking opportunities.
The Schaeffer Fellows Summit is held during the summer in Washington, D.C. and is intended to support Schaeffer Fellows in building relationships with the national cohort, sharing about their experiences, and engaging with prominent leaders and program alumni from various sectors.
- Reflect on time within fellowship to date
- Understand how to “lead from your level” and communicate effectively in the workplace
- Learn how to begin to navigate a career
- Gain insights into how sectors cross-collaborate
- Recognize how to build upon the fellowship experience and transfer skills developed in future careers
- Foster camaraderie and interaction between Schaeffer Fellows
Summit at a Glance
Day one is hosted at the Partnership for Public Service. Fellows participate in icebreakers, facilitated discussions about their internship experiences, and moderated panels with guests from various levels of government. In the evening, Fellows, invited supervisors and mentors, and public service professionals meet for dinner featuring a keynote speaker from an elected office.
On day two, Fellows participate in small-group professional development sessions and attend a fireside chat with Mr. Schaeffer. The day concludes with a dinner hosted in the D.C. home of Mr. Schaeffer.