An annual Summit provides professional development and networking opportunities.
The Schaeffer Fellows Summit is held during the summer in Washington, D.C. and is intended to support Schaeffer Fellows in building relationships with the national cohort, sharing about their experiences, and engaging with prominent leaders and program alumni from various sectors.
- Reflect on time within fellowship to date
- Understand how to demonstrate professionalism and communicate effectively in the workplace
- Learn tools for career development
- Gain insights into how sectors cross-collaborate
- Recognize how to build upon the fellowship experience and transfer skills developed in future careers
- Foster camaraderie and interaction between Schaeffer Fellows
Summit at a Glance
Day One: Schaeffer Fellows participate in workshops to discuss their internship experiences, hear from public service professionals, and complete group activities to foster camaraderie and reflection. Fellows will have the chance to participate in a group outing in D.C. In the evening, Fellows and program staff will gather at Mr. Schaeffer’s D.C. home for dinner.
Day Two: Schaeffer Fellows participate in small-group professional development sessions and hear from Mr. Schaeffer on leadership and management. Fellows will enjoy free-time in the Capitol before joining invited supervisors, mentors, and public service professionals for a keynote dinner.