An annual summit in Washington,D.C. provides professional development and networking opportunities.
The Schaeffer Fellow Summit is held during the summer in Washington, D.C. and is intended to support Schaeffer Fellows in building relationships with the national cohort, sharing about their experiences, and engaging with prominent leaders and program alumni from various sectors.
- Reflect on time within fellowship to date
- Understand how to “lead from your level” and communicate effectively in the workplace
- Learn how to begin to navigate a career
- Gain insights into how sectors cross-collaborate
- Recognize how to build upon the fellowship experience and transfer skills developed in future careers
- Foster camaraderie and interaction between Schaeffer Fellows
Summit at a Glance
After introductions to summit facilitators and Mr. Schaeffer, Schaeffer Fellows participate in icebreakers, facilitated discussions about their internship experiences, and moderated panels with guests from various levels of government.
In the afternoon, Fellows work on solutions for a case study, attend a fireside chat with Mr. Schaeffer, and participate in a strategy session. The day concludes with a dinner featuring a keynote speaker from a local elected office.